photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Saturday 3 May 2014

Review: Kiko Sun Lovers Blush in 'Ipanema Peach'


Sorry for the long hiatus everyone! One of those "life got in the way" moments, but I plan on making it up with a week of blog posts, every single day :). I thought I'd get back into the swing of things by showing you one of my absolute favourite products that I've been loving recently. 

One of the perks of now living in Europe is definitely trying out products by the Italian brand "Kiko". They have tons of amazing stuff, all for very affordable prices. I'd been kind of stuck in a rut with my current blushes and really wanted to find something new. I went into Kiko with the intention of buying a blush that costed no more than 5 euros (which they do stock plenty of), but of course, I ended up falling in love with the most expensive one there (13.90 euros), that is limited edition. Luckily, I have no regrets whatsoever.

The shade is called Ipanema Peach and it is just beaauutiful. It's essentially a blush, highlighter, and bronzer all in one. You have one side with a very beautiful warm pinky colour with a gold shimmer to it, and the other side with a warm bronzer with a hint of hot pink blush running through it. It's just stunning. And to add to it's glorious baked-blush self, it's also extremely pigmented, so a light hand is definitely needed with this product.

I'm all about the blushes with highlight at the moment. However, I'm not a fan of anything glittery. Thankfully, the shimmer is really fine in this blush so it just gives you a natural glow on the cheeks. I'm quite pale, but this blush still somehow works for me. Though I can see why the line is called "Sun Lovers" because this would look especially gorgeous with a tan. 

Also, can we have just a moment to awe at the beautiful packaging? A sturdy rose gold compact that somehow manages to look high end. And a huge mirror to go with it. What more could you want?

This blush will definitely be a staple of mine during the summer. So I'd like to know, what are your favourite products from Kiko? Any recommendations of what to try next would be much appreciated :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment