photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Saturday 11 January 2014

Review: Nuxe - Reve de Miel Lip Balm


Over the holidays, I had acquired quite a few "frenchie" presents from a friend of mine who is currently living in France. Of course, they had to include famous french skin care products. So I thought I'd do a review on my most surprising favourite: the Reve de Miel Lip Balm by Nuxe. Now, I'm sure you're all wondering: why is it surprisingly a favourite? Well, it's because my whole life my lips have only gotten along with one brand of lip balm (Lip Smackers) and therefore the idea of any other lip balm working for me is simply ludicrous (link to my post on All About Lip Balms can be found here).

At first, I actually disliked the Reve De Miel. But now? I can't live without it!

Now to explain why I initially wasn't in favour of the product, it all begins with the texture. The main ingredient is beeswax, meaning it feels super thick, waxy, and sticky on the lips when you first apply it. But I have to admit, once you get use to it, it's not that bad. And it gets more smooth and less sticky as the product warms up on the lips.

However, once it sinks in (which I admit, does take slightly longer than my beloved Lip Smackers), it is amazeballs. It feels like it has moisturized not just the top layer of your lips, but several layers beneath too! It's what I would describe as a "deep hydrating mask", but for your lips! The effect of it also lasts for hours on end.

Though my favourite qualities about this lip balm are: it's clear (not tinted whatsoever), it's matte and won't give your lips that usual lip balm shine and therefore can be used underneath matte lipsticks, and it's kiss proof! No more boyfriend drying up my lips! The only downside I have with this lip balm is that it's in a pot and not in stick form, but that's just personal preferences.

Needless to say, it's downright amazing. And coming from me, aka the girl who is incredibly picky and fussy over lip balms, that's saying something.

Also, as a Canadian, I couldn't help but have a laughing fit when I read this on the packaging: "effectiveness tested in conditions of extreme Canadian cold". Mind you, I'm from the Vancouver, where we rarely get any snow :P.

I'd like to know: what's your holy grail lip balm? Have you tried any products from Nuxe? :)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this but wanted to after I saw Essie rave about it, you've tempted me even more :)

    www.beekle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also tempted when I heard EssieButton call it her holy grail lip balm :).

      Delete