photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Friday 6 December 2013

Review: Garnier - Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream

(Lipstick swatch for reference of coverage)

I was about to do a post on "Things I've been loving lately", but then realized that one of the things in the post needed a whole review on its own :). And that ladies and gentleman, is the Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream by Garnier. Now, normally I stay clear from BB creams. This is mainly due to the fact that they don't offer enough coverage for me and tend to be not the best choice for those with oily skin. But then I kept hearing great things about Garnier's latest BB Cream. Essentially, it sounded like more of a foundation rather than a tinted moisturizer.

But what really sold me was this: UVA & UVB 20 Protection. I have found it so hard to find a foundation that has UVA protection as well, instead of just UVB (aka SPF). A quick explanation as to why both are important is that UVA rays age your skin (number one cause of premature aging), while UVB burns the top layer of your skin (aka a sunburn). So when I saw that the Garnier BB Cream had UVA and UVB protection, I had to have it!

Now for the finish it gives...

Even though it promises a matte finish, that's actually not really the case. I would say it's more of a velvet finish, which is my personal favourite because it looks quite natural since it's not too matte and not too dewy. It's also medium coverage (another favourite of mine!) and does a good job at covering up redness and any imperfections. It just looks wonderful on the skin, and the colour match is perfect for me.

Now don't get me wrong, there are a few drawbacks.
1) Packaging. I saw this because the bb cream is very runny, and with the tube you can accidentally squeeze out too much. A pump would be a lot nicer.
2) Application. When applied with fingers, it's flawless. When applied with a brush, you look orange. Now I'm not quite sure why this is the case, but it is a bit annoying. I think it might be that you have to work with thin layers (easier achieved with fingers), for it not to oxidize so badly.
And the final drawback: for those with oily or combination skin, your t-zone will become oily after a couple hours. This is probably the biggest negative aspect about this bb cream and I think it can't be helped because of the SPF in it. But I love it so much that I manage to keep calm and powder on (see what I did there? ;) ).

What's your favourite foundation or BB cream? :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment