photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Chip Off the Old Block!


I can't believe I'm saying this, but it is officially snowing over here in Munich! End of November, and it's already -2 with snow coming down from the sky! Though it is freezing, the view is rather beautiful :). Now, on to nails! Even though I am really lazy when it comes to painting my nails, I do love the effect it gives. However, I've always had an issue with my nail polish constantly chipping away quite early on (even on the first day). And I'm sure that I'm not the only girl out there with this issue. But fear not fellow beauty enthusiasts, for I have found a solution!

The perfect base coat + the perfect top coat = chip free for an entire week! 

And no, I do not exaggerate. Though I do think the base coat actually matters more than the top coat because if the nail polish sticks like glue to your base, then it has very little chances of chipping. My holy grail base coat is the "Long Lasting Base Coat" by p2. With this base coat, my nail polish won't chip for an entire week. I've put it to the test during holiday and in everyday life. It seriously does not disappoint! Sadly, p2 is not an international brand, which is such a shame because this is the best base coat I have ever used and it only costed me 1 euro! But it is available in any european countries that have the drugstore "dm" or even online on Ebay :). I am sure that there are other great base coats out there as well, you just have to pick out the ones that guarantee it to be long-lasting.

Finding a great top coat also reduces the risk of chipping. My personal favourite is the well-loved Seche Vite. My main reason for calling it my holy grail top coat is because of two things: it dries REALLY quickly (which in turn prevents chipping and significantly decreases the 'waiting for your nails to dry' time) and it leaves a glossy/gel-like finish to the nails. Stunning, stunning product.

And these are my main tips on preventing your nail polish from chipping :). Hope some of you find this helpful! x.


0 comments:

Post a Comment