photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Monday 21 October 2013

Review: Origins - GinZing Eye Cream



Hey everyone! Life has been so chaotic lately, but I finally have time to sit down and write you all a review :). Since a friend of mine was travelling to the States, I had asked her to pick me up a few things from Sephora, one of them including the famous Origins GinZing Eye Cream. I've tried out samples of it before and absolutely loved it, so I was 100% certain that I wanted the full sized version. But I still wanted to write a review on it because there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding of what this cream is actually meant to do.

Essentially it's a cream that is meant to diminish dark under eye circles and tighten up any puffiness. It has absolutely zero claims on the packaging that it actually moisturizes. Now, with that in mind, this cream actually does everything it promises to!

I essentially use it instead of a concealer for under my eyes. I have especially dark under eye circles (seriously, if I don't get enough sleep, I look like I've been punched in the eyes) so this cream is just a life saver for me. My eyes don't really get puffy, but I do feel a tightening effect from the cream, though no actual visible difference after application.

And no, it's not a magical cream that cures dark circles, it mainly hides them with a slight peachy tint and reflective particles. Essentially the cream has a bit of a tint to it, but it also reflects light, giving it the appearance of brighter eyes. It kind of reminds of the effect you get with using a highlighter (cosmetic, not stationary :P). And as a bonus, I had no reaction to it, which is rare for me since my eyes usually are quite sensitive to eye creams and as a result burn up from them.

However, if you have an especially dry under eye area, or you just like using a moisturizer for your eyes, then you do need to use a different eye cream underneath the GinZing one. And if you just have an incredibly dry under eye area, then I would just stay away from this cream entirely. I repeat, it does not moisturize. There's a reason why the packaging says to only use it in the AM.

But other than that, I'm obsessed with it and love using it, especially since it means I need less makeup :). What are your favourite eye creams? 

1 comments:

  1. This is an amazing product. I am absolutely IN LOVE.
    (with you, and the product)

    You know you love me,
    XOXO,
    Karina-girl

    ReplyDelete