photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Monday 8 July 2013

Shopping My Stash: Samples


I think I'm right when I say that I'm not the only girl who feels uneasy about buying an expensive full-sized product without giving it a test or two. Luckily, that's where samples come in. I've decided to do a mini review/first impression for each sample that I have recently tried out :).

1) Aussie 3 Minute Miracle: Given the massive praise and hype this hair product receives, obviously I couldn't resist giving it a go. However, when I saw that you could purchase samples as well as the full sized bottle, I decided to opt for samples instead. I bought two and have finished both. Conclusion: It made my hair feel very soft, though only for a few hours. Did it actually repair it? No. Will I purchase the full-size? Probably not. Though I might try out their normal conditioner.

2) Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense: I love this! I had 5 samples of this (generous counter lady) and I can say that this is one of the best facial sunscreens that I've ever tried. Didn't break me out, felt incredibly light on the skin, and protected me from the sun. I even went back to purchase the full-size but sadly it was sold out. The only complaint I have is that it does make your face look shiny (but not oily), so a powder is definitely needed.

3) Kiehl's Midnight Night Recovery Concentrate: I really wanted this to be the holy grail product that everyone praised it to be. Sadly, it just sat on my face and never got absorbed. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed. I was also quite skeptical about it because it contains Lavender Oil, which is a known natural skin irritant.

4) Origins Make a Difference Plus +: I had hoped this might be a nice moisturizer, but sadly after I put it on, my skin felt very tight and dry. Had to wash it off and put on my regular moisturizer instead.

5) Origins GinZing Eye Cream: I have a love-hate relationship with this eye cream. I love it for the brightening effect it has! Oh my god, you don't even need concealer after using this. Though, this is only the case because the cream itself is actually tinted. However, it doesn't moisturize my eyes and actually made the area feel quite tight and uncomfortable. I can't make up my mind if I'll get the full size or not. If I did, I'd probably still have to use a different cream to retain moisture in the area.

And those are my mini reviews on some very well known products :). Hope this has been helpful! Let me know if you've tried any of these products or anything from the Origins or Kiehl's that you particularly like or dislike :).

Follow Me on Bloglovin Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment