photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Sunday 9 June 2013

Review: BeYu Color Touch Lip Biggie

Anyone who is close to me will already know this, but I have decided to also announce it on my blog.... I have moved! I have said a temporary goodbye to my beloved home country Canada to go and study in Europe, more specifically in Germany :). I am mainly announcing this just so I can review some products that are sold over here and nobody will get too confused. Turns out, Germany has quite a few of their own cosmetic and skincare brands and I have decided to be adventurous and give them a go!


This one particularly caught my eye: It's the newly released Beyu Color Touch Lip Biggie. When I first saw this, I thought it would be similar to the Revlon Just Kissable Balm Stains. I couldn't be more wrong! The formula is nothing like a lip stain, I would even go as far as to describe the formula as a tinted lip balm, which makes sense since it's described as a "moisturizing lipcolor retractable". BeYu claim that it's a lipstick, lipgloss, and lip balm combined, but I would say they're more of lipstick and lip balm combination with a hint of sheen.


They come in 12 shades (all of which are very wearable and pretty) and I ended up choosing "Sweet Melon". First things first, these smell amaaazing. The scent is identical to the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector aka they smell like vanilla icing -  yum! It's also surprisingly quite pigmented with a bit of shimmer. It's the perfect summer orange/coral.


But what I love the most about this lip product is that it doesn't dry out my lips. For me, that's a big statement since EVERYTHING eventually dries them out, even the Revlon Lip Butters and Burt's Bees Lip Balms (I know, my lips are weird). I wouldn't go as far as to say they really moisturize my lips, but rather they keep them in the same state before I put the balm on, which for me is huge! Oddly enough, they also last quite a long time, probably 4-6 hours, and gradually fade over time.


Needless to say, I'm in love and will probably ending up buying a few more shades in the future :). They are available at Douglas for €9,95. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment