photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Products Not Worth The Hype #3: Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector

I've been waiting a long time to write this review. I've been testing out the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector product for ages because I just couldn't make up my mind on it. However, I have finally come to a conclusion with this extremely hyped product.

I like it. Do I love it? No. But I do like it...

This Lip Perfector is described as a "melting gel with a deliciously sweet flavor and 3D shimmer for luscious, smooth, shiny lips and a natural-colored, luminous smile. It nourishes, repairs and protects lips to leave them incredibly beautiful." 


I know this is a holy grail for many beauty folks out there, but I just couldn't fall in love with it (even though I really really wanted to!). I'm sure it works wonderfully with many others, but my lips just don't get along with the formula. Mind you, my lips are stubborn and damaged so literally every lip product dries them up unless it's a lip balm.


Sadly, the Lip Perfector does dry out my lips after a couple hours wear (which is also how long it lasts on your lips). It has a sponge tip applicator which works perfectly for getting an evenly spread application. I do like the finish: it's a glossy (but not sticky) 'your lips but better' effect. However, it doesn't "wow" me. The formula is sheer but not too sheer, it simply leaves my lips a nice natural pink. I chose one of the newest shades that recently came out, called Candy Shimmer (#05), which is a nice warm pink.


I tend to reach for it whenever I want a very natural and light look. However, I do need to take it with me if I'm on the go because it really doesn't last long. And if my lips are having a dry/chapped day, then I stay clear from it. However, my lips are just very prone to drying so I'm not surprised that the majority of people who use it actually find it moisturizing. But sadly, it's not a match made in heaven for me. Though I do love the scent, it reminds me of vanilla icing!

What are your thoughts on the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector? Yay or ney? :)

1 comments:

  1. I wouldn't use it in the winter when my lips are dry, but I think it's great for summer when glossy thick colour is in!

    ReplyDelete