photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Friday 15 February 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation released in Canada!

Sorry everyone for the lack of posts lately, I have been plagued with the flu and have only just begun to feel slightly better. I thought this product would be the perfect thing to review for anyone who has been feeling unwell, stressed, or just under the weather. This foundation was one of the most hyped products of 2012 in the UK and it has finally hit the stores in Canada! I spotted it in Shoppers and quickly scooped it up :).


I am absolutely in love with this foundation. It has been a life saver during the past few weeks where I've been resembling a dead zombie. It just makes me look... healthy. It promises an anti-fatigue and radiant glow effect and I must say it fulfills these promises! Anytime I'm looking tired or unwell, I always end up choosing this foundation over others.


I'm in the shade Ivory and it's a perfect match for me. I did notice at one point that if you hold up the foundation in the light, you can see a hint of shimmer in the liquid, which no doubt is what gives the product the radiance glow. However, luckily it's only visible on the skin if you look really closely.

There a few things to go over with this foundation. I would say the finish is slightly dewy though border-lining on matte. The coverage is light to medium, and is very buildable. I would not suggest this however if you want a full coverage. But it does give a very natural finish, not cakey whatsoever.


There is one thing that I would like to point out to those who are purchasing the foundation in Canada or in the US: the original product featured in the UK contains SPF 15 (it is written on the bottle). The one manufactured and sold over here contains no SPF. So if you wanted some sun coverage, then I would suggest buying one from the UK if you are living there or on Feel Unique with free shipping worldwide. However, a foundation with no SPF does mean that it's great for photography! So you do have the option of choosing.


Now, I'd say this foundation is best suited for people with dry or normal skin. I say this mainly because I have an oily skin type and I found this foundation does make my face oily after a few hours and won't last long by itself. However, that doesn't mean someone with oily skin can't wear this foundation. I found that if you use it with a primer or a setting spray like Urban Decay's De Slick, it will last all day without budging and won't make your face overly shiny :). Anyone can essentially wear this foundation, you just have to know your skin type.


And now the packaging... I adore it! My favorite packaging has always been glass bottles, I always think they class anything up! And that's not even the best bit. It has a pump!!! How it pained me that one of my favorite foundations (Revlon ColorStay) had no pump and you simply have to carefully pour it out. But not this baby! Super easy to use and clean! 2-3 pumps is more than enough for your face :).

This foundation has definitely been a favorite of mine for the past month and has been very handy for the flu season! I'm tempted to try out the concealer that goes with this foundation.... If anyone of you have given it a go, please let me know what your thoughts are!

Hope everyone had a lovely Valentines Day yesterday :)


4 comments:

  1. I always see this when i'm at the store. Such a pretty bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i havent been looking at foundations but i will next time ;D great review!

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What camera do you use? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my favoritest (dont think that is actually a word) foundation EVER!i've even got mom loving it too!
    i live in the uk, but havent noticed whether my foundation has spf protection in it (not that we every have any need for it in rainy england) but ive also never had ghost face on a photo so thats a bonus!

    i didnt ever release it had shimmer in it...i just know it makes you look so healthy and awake (ironic)!

    xx
    eventualminute.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete