photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Wednesday 23 January 2013

They're Real vs. The Falsies (review)

Every beautyjunkie on Youtube or through blogposts will have mentioned these mascaras multiple times throughout the year. They can easily be labeled as the most raved about mascaras in 2012. However, I've decided to review them side by side for those who cannot make up their mind on which to go out and purchase :).


I'll start off with The Falsies by Maybelline:


Pros: 
Lengthening 
Thickening
Budget friendly (I got mine on sale for only $4.99, and the normal average price is $8.99)
Bottom Lashes look very natural 
Easy to remove
Easy to reach inner corner lashes

(No Mascara)

(With 'The Falsies', top and bottom lashes)

Cons:
Formula is very dry
Flakes
Keeps hold/curl for only a couple hours
Gives the appearance of spider lashes
Doesn't separate lashes well

Now, let's have a look at They're Real by Benefit:


Pros:
Lengthening
Thickening
Wet Formula
Natural looking
Doesn't flake or smudge
Keeps hold for almost the whole day
Easy to reach inner corner lashes
Lashes look smooth (not clumpy)

(With 'They're Real', only top lashes)

(With 'They're Real!', top and bottom lashes)

Cons:
Not easy to remove
Expensive (around $30 for full-size)
Lashes sometimes stick together while blinking 
Bottom lashes look a bit unnatural/too thick (personal opinion) 

Overall, I do personally greatly prefer They're Real by Benefit. I love the formula and it just sits perfectly all day. I use to stop putting mascara on my bottom lashes because it would always end up smudging by the end of the day (gotta love sexy Racoon eyes!), but never with the Benefit mascara. It really is a high quality mascara that is worth splurging on. The Falsies just make my lashes feel a bit too dry.

But I do have a good tip if you want to get the Benefit mascara without spending more than you feel comfortable with: buy the mini version at Sephora. It's only $12! I can never 'finish' a mascara by the time you're suppose to throw it out so a mini version is perfect for me :).

Which mascara do you prefer? :)

7 comments:

  1. I usually stick to the same mascara and just repurchase it when it dried out (loreal voluminous) I do feel a bit stuck in a rut at the moment, so this review has been helpful! Everyone raves about the benefit They're real mascara!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally do the same! I always thought mascaras all do the same job, but They're Real really is worth trying :)

      Delete
  2. I always rate Maybelline mascaras as the best.
    I wouldn't every buy an expensive mascara as i no matter how great a mascara is they dry out or go past their 'best' at the same time.
    It's the one makeup product i don't invest money in as i feel drug store is as good, if not better.

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally wouldn't buy an expensive mascara either, that's why I bought the mini version for $12 instead of the full-size :)

      Delete
  3. I actually hate the falsies!! After seeing so many people rave about it I was excited to try it out, but was very disappointed! I haven't tried they're real as yet but it is my next purchase! The mascaras I love are Covergirl the orange tube and Revlon Fabulash xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty disappointed by them too :(. However, I can guarantee They're Real will not let you down!

      Delete
  4. Do you think it's better to use the falsies if you have fake eyelashes? Hmmm


    Armed With Style

    ReplyDelete