photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Saturday 6 October 2012

Göt 2b Powerful Volumizing Powder vs. Sally Hershberger Supreme Lift

A very good friend of mine recently purchased the famous göt 2b powerful volumizing powder by Shwarzkopf and was kind enough to lend it to me to try out. I was very excited for this product because I had heard amazing reviews on it from all beauty guru's and was eager to see if it lived up to the hype. I was already happy with my Sally Hershberger Supreme Volume, which I reviewed a couple weeks ago, but I wanted to see if the göt 2b was even better.


I couldn't have been more disappointed. I scrunched up my roots with the powder (which honestly just gave me horrific bed hair), and though it did initially volumize my hair, it fell flat in just a few minutes. And the texture was just awful: super crunchy and somewhat sticky. I'm sorry to say that the cons just keep going; I've been told by a hair dresser and by my good friend that the product is very difficult to wash out in the shower. I also found the area with the powder impossible to brush after application.

The Sally Hershberger Supreme Lift never gave me any problems. The spray produced lasting volume, smelled great, the texture felt like the lightest mist of hairspray (and even that faded over time), and it always washed off very easily. And I personally prefer sprays over powders, I just find that it's much easier to apply a product with liquid spray.

The göt 2b powder does work for many people, but I'm simply not one of them. However, it is a cheaper alternative to the Sally Hershberger spray. The göt 2b powerful volumizing powder is $6.99 and the Sally Hershberger is twice the price at $12.99.

Let me know which product worked for you and which one you would like to try out :). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment